The invitation is a printed form that has the name of the invitee and the pronoun filled in on a dotted line; in the transcription these parts are rendered in italics.
Our compliments to General Joseph Smith & Lady requesting the pleasure of their company at the Quincy House, on Thursday Evening, February 22nd, at 7 1/2 clock.
- James M. Burt, A.F. Ackerman, Joseph Artus.
- W. H. Taylor, O.F. Miller, Newton Flagg.
- W. B. Thayer, J.H. Luce, I.S. Church,
- J. Palmer Cryder, G.B. Dimock, Eben. moore,
- Philander Brown, John Tillson, 3d, Jas. Fisher,
- Jas. Woodruff, Wm. B. Powers, Nath. Pease,
- R.H. Mitchell.