However when searching for that article, I instead stumbled upon the open Signature Books library, which includes among other goodies:
- Rodger I. Anderson, Joseph Smith's New York Reputation Re-examined, a rebuttal to Richard Lloyd Anderson's work.
- Robert D. Anderson's, Inside the Mind of Joseph Smith: Psychobiography and the Book of Mormon
- Dan Vogel, 1986, Indian Origins and the Book of Mormon
- John Philip Walker (ed), Dale Morgan on Early Mormonism
Plus there are also newspapers, including
- A link for downloading the Times and Seasons as a PDF
- A link for downloading the Latter Day Saints' Messenger and Advocate as a PDF
Indeed a fine fine.
Among the other books suggested was
- The Joseph Smith, Sr., Family: Farmers of the Genesee," in Susan Easton Black and Charles D. Tate, Jr., eds., Joseph Smith: The Prophet, the Man (Provo: Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 1993), 213-25; which is archived here.
I also learned that FARMS is now called and the Maxwell Institute at BYU and has a cool website here.